Our Supervised Housing and Reintegration Program (SHARP) provides 24-hour monitoring and support in a safe, communal housing environment to people transitioning from corrections to the community in Whitehorse, Yukon. Located in a self-contained location on the Whitehorse Correctional Centre grounds, SHARP is the first program of its kind in Canada.
SHARP contributes to resident’s safe and successful transition to community by assisting them in navigating obstacles that they experience and providing programming, support, advocacy and information on community resources.
- Provide a home-like atmosphere with added structure that promotes a positive communal environment
- Assist and support individuals on release to reintegrate into the community
- Bridge the gap from the institution to the community
- Keep the community safe by providing 24-hour support and monitoring
- Act as an advocate and support residents as they make the efforts to affect positive changes in their lives
- Provide information and assistance with housing, employment, and other key areas that connect individuals to their community and support them to achieve their goals
- Be on conditional release from federal or territorial corrections
- Be accepted by the Residence Manager or Regional Director upon review of pertinent correctional file information in accordance with our admission criteria
- Be willing and able to live in a group setting and follow the rules of the residence
- Other admission criteria may apply