Our Forensic Outreach team works with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) Forensic Regional Clinic team, providing outreach services to individuals experiencing concurrent mental health and substance use challenges. Through flexible and person-centred outreach services, our Forensic Outreach program promotes public safety while meeting the needs of the individuals they are supporting. Outreach services are tailored to each person’s needs, as our teams aim to connect individuals to health care services and supports that enhance their ability to live independently in the community.
- Connect individuals to health care services in the community
- Enhance the ability of individuals to live independently in the community
- Support people towards personal development, self-identifiable growth, and improving health and social well-being
- Provide a diverse range of specialized mental health and substance use services for people with complex needs
- Referrals to the Forensic Outreach program come through the Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, who is mandated to provide psychiatric and psychological assessment, treatment, and general practitioner services to designated persons involved in the criminal justice system and other social service ministries