Our Employment Preparation Program is a 2-day job readiness program for provincially incarcerated individuals at Fraser Regional Correctional Centre. The program provides the job skills necessary to obtain and maintain employment upon release into the community, and connects participants with community resources that enhance their ability to secure employment.
The program explores how to make professional resumes and cover letters, how to network while looking for employment, how to find resources and support in the community while looking for work, and how to successfully prepare for an interview.
- Provide job skills assistance to incarcerated individuals in order to assist them in securing and maintaining employment upon release back into the community
- Educate participants on the community resources available that can enhance their ability to obtain employment
- Demonstrate how they are able to use transferable skills in successfully acquiring legitimate, meaningful employment
- Be incarcerated at Fraser Regional Provincial Correctional Centre
- Reside in an open custody or protective custody unit
- Use the sign-up sheet to state interest in participating in the program
- Additional admission requirements may apply